The Micro MWC flight controller from Hextronic IS a challenge..
- no battery lead
- no motor connectors
- outdated default firmware
- painful programming process
- dead MOSFETs
But its light, compact, and has an integrated DSM receiver.
Flies pretty good!
Are you up for the challenge?
You can get one at Hobbyking or from Oversky. In the second half of 2014, Hextronic released a large batch of FCs with bad FETs. Hobbyking keeps selling the stuffed ones since. Check (or ask in) this RCG thread for current situation.
At first, make sure the board is working can be flashed and programmed.
- Arduino IDE
- Benedikt's MW 2.3 firmware
- MultiWii Conf 2.3
- FTDI programmer (if it doesnt work, check correct pin allocation. HK used to sell stuffed ones..)
Now lets put the magic smoke into it:
- replace FETs (maybe optional)
- solder motor connectors (or motor wires directly)
- solder a battery lead
- reinforce solder joints (skip, and regret you will!)
- solder equipment
- MOSFETs, e.g IRLML2502 (4.2A) or PMV31XN (5.9A)
- battery plugs, e.g. Molex or JST (the red ones)
- motor connectors
- hot glue sticks and a heat gun (not a hot glue gun - way too messy!)