The Dromida Ominus and Ominus FPV (aka the unstoppable menaces) use 0820 motors with 11T pinions.
Both models, especially the FPV version, are heavy for a 0820 geared quad. The cannot make use of the insane speed of the 0820-17 motors. The best motor for the Ominus and Ominus FPV are the 0820-15 motors.
You can get them here:
Make sure to turn the pinions around before installation!
Note that our CW motors spin clockwise, and our CCW motor spin counterclockwise.
Dromida is labeling they motors a bit different: If the motor package says CW, the motor spins counterclockwise and vs. versa. They are probably referring to the propeller direction..
The Dromida Vista ("dynamically durable") is the fat brother of the Ominus. Its pretty much the same quad, just heavier and the motor polarity is reversed. *facepalm*
If you want to use Ominus motors on the Vista, you have to reverse plug polarity, e.g. wedge a sharp blade in between crimps and plastic tabs on the plugs, remove the crimps and insert them in reverse.
If you simply change motor positions, the motors will run in reverse and they life time will be reduced.
general tuning and maintenance tips:
- to improve reliability, use sealed bearings, e.g. from Boca
- inspect frequently if props are spinning freely. If you notice additional resistance, fix the problem before flying again, or it might create motor damage
- if the pinions or gears are worn, replace them
- take out the bearings, put them on a pencil tip, test them by rolling over a finger
- go off the throttle early when/before crashing
- use dry lube (sold for bicycles) on the gears, e.g. Muc-Off
- stay away from sand, thats a gear killer!