There are many ways to rig up a micro FPV system.
Above is a sample of Benedikt's favourite setup.
here is the part list:
- 400mW vTx, 5V ($15 @ Banggood)
- 90˚ 520vtl cam ($45 @ RMRC, $40 @ Banggood)
- micro CL antenna ($4 @ Banggood)
- 5V step-up ($3 @ RMRC)
(the step-up gets your the right voltage, but it also does a very important thing: it filters the voltage, so you get a clean supply voltage for the camera gear. If you dont use a voltage regulator, you get interference, e.g. lines in the video stream).
- 3-pin connectors (eBay) to make everything modular
- 4-way, 2.54mm, DIP-switch (eBay) for channel selection
(you only have 3 positions to switch, but the 4-way switch physically fits better)
and here basic assembly instructions:
- cut antenna to right(?) length
- twist antenna shielding into a fork shape
- solder antenna middle part to "ANT" pad
- solder shielding to "GND pad"
- solder legs to CH1, CH2, CH3. Snip extra leg.
- solder other side legs to the top of the housing
- use power from FC power connector (e.g. underside of FC), connect to GND and VIN pins of voltage regulator
- from voltage regulator, using GND and VOUT pins, connect to GND and VCC on vTx and camera
- connect video wire from camera to vTx
In October 2015, we had a little video contest here.
You can see the submitted tutorial videos below. Watch all of them, and you know everything you need to build your own!